Activate is the Guardian's platform for individuals and organisations working across all sectors who are using these technologies to disrupt, innovate and change. Activate Johannesburg, will consist of an exciting multi-disciplinary programme of presentations, debates and lightning pitches to look at a number of key themes, including:
• The world wide web at 25: what is the impact across Africa?
• What do the Snowden leaks mean for the future of investigative journalism in exposing corruption and improving service delivery?
• What content innovations will engage the next 1 billion coming online?
• Reflections on the South African elections and beyond: how is technology changing the relationship between citizens and governments?
• How will future generations in Africa use the internet?
Join experts from across the globe to debate how the open internet is reshaping our world at Activate Johannesburg 2014.
This event is free to attend. To register, click here.